Each and everyone may have their own tradition during the Holy Week. Some do Visita Iglesia or visit their hometowns, while others are out and about enjoying the long weekend. Holy Week is indeed a break for most of us, but we should not forget its true essence.
It is the time to reflect on ourselves, embrace our own shortcomings and forgive those who hurt or offended us in any way as a preparation for Easter. It is a chance for us to be renewed and start a new beginning with a clear heart and mind.
Below is a list of questions you might want to ask yourself to reflect as you take a break this Holy Week:
- How are you feeling these days?
- What are the things about yourself that have changed over time?
- Do you love your neighbors just like how Jesus loves you?
- How will you reconcile with the people you once hurt or offended?
- Have you forgiven those who did you wrong?
- How can you be a source of light for others?
- What are your priorities in life? Is God part of them?
- Are you keeping God’s commandments?
- Have you tried reconnecting with God on your own in silence?
- Do you allow God to speak to you? Have you reflected on what He has told you?
May these questions help you reassess your faith and prepare yourselves for a new beginning. Find time to express your love and gratitude to the people around you. Let this be a season of meditating, reflecting, and reconnecting. May we all have a blessed Holy Week.