The largest and longest-running book fair ended its hiatus by coming back this 2022. Last Thursday, Sept 15, the fair welcomed the people to its event in the SMX Convention Center Manila. In hopes of breaking its crowd record of 160,000 in 2019, this year’s fair has over 100 exhibitors to cater to all book lovers from all walks of life. The event would be open to the public until Sunday, September 18.
If you still have doubts about why you should come to this year’s international book fair, here are some reasons why you shouldn’t miss out on this event:
1. Author Signing - One of the things that the pandemic stole from people is physically interacting with one another. With this year’s international book fair, book lovers can now interact again with their favorite authors and have their books signed.
2. Indie Village - Showcasing the talents of local indies, one of the highlights of 2022 MIBF is for independent publishers. Dedicated to embracing local wealth, some publishers to look out for this year are Avenida, Milflores, Komikon, Everything’s Fine, The Independent Publishers-Collab (TIP-C), ABC Educational, and The Indiepubcollab PH, which brings titles from 8 Letters, Aklat Alamid, Aklat Mirasol, Aklat Ulagad, Alubat Publishing, Atma Prema Wellbeing Group, Kasingkasing Press, Isang Balangay Media Productions, Gantala Press, Librong Lira, Pawikan Press, San Anselmo Press, Southern Voices Printing Press, and TBC Publications.
3. Book Events - Aside from book signing, there are also other activities to enjoy at the event. Storytelling sessions, book launches, art workshops, seminars, and many more are also happening at the fair.
4. Exclusive Discounts and Latest Titles - With Christmas just around the corner, exhibitors offer special deals for people attending the MIBF this year. Publishers also release the latest titles on the exhibition floor, which you can avail in MIBF exclusive rates to help you pick your next addition to your library.
5. Meet new friends - As one of the momentous events for bookworms all over the Philippines, MIBF is a great way to meet new people and have new friends who have the same interests and hobbies. In MIBF, book lovers would not only enjoy shopping for books at a fair price but could also enjoy meeting fellow book lovers nationwide.
If you are still curious to know more about this event, it’s about time to put an end to it and catch a ride ASAP to SMX Convention Center. Get your tickets now via SM Tickets, and for more details, call +63 917 899 3463 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow @ManilaBookFair on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.